These days, we all know someone who’s dealing with chronic physical pain. If it’s you, you know first-hand that the relentlessness of body pain is exhausting and causes emotional pain as well.
We also all know that pain killer addiction is epidemic today. But that doesn’t necessarily mean prescription medication isn’t right for you. It may be if it’s part of a holistic program which encompasses both pharmaceutical and non-pharmaceutical healing methods, overseen by a team of caring professionals (your pain management doctor, counselors, education specialists and alternative practitioners).
At Columbia Treatment Center, we offer you support, education and treatment through individualized pain management support programs.
Among other things, we:
- Explain the difference between the body’s physical dependence on medication and addiction
- Help you recognize the symptoms of potential addiction
- Reduce pain through wellness-based mind/body techniques (acupuncture, nutritional consultation, yoga, meditation)
- Teach ways to reduce anxiety and depression that can accompany pain
- Offer understanding so you don’t feel so alone and misunderstood
Although your physical pain may not fully leave you, through pain management it’s possible to reduce your physical pain level, relieve emotional pain, improve your quality of life and broaden your focus so that physical pain, though an important element in your life, no longer defines you.
The first step is to come in for an evaluation with one of our Master’s level clinicians to look at what’s working and what isn’t in your life. He or she will make recommendations and/or referrals and help you create a comprehensive and effective healing program.